junIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Ballantines PR is a bi-coastal luxury and lifestyle public relations agency based in Los Angeles with an office New York City. Clients range across the hospitality, entertainment, design, health & wellness and events sectors.
We are seeking a Junior Account Executive (JAE) in NYC with a minimum of 1-2 years of professional PR experience to support travel & hospitality accounts.
The JAE plays an active role across client accounts, has a strong understanding of the fundamentals of public relations, is an active internal team member with some client visibility that possesses strong communication and account management skills.
The JAE plays an active support role to Account Executive (AE) and Senior Account Director (SAD) on multiple accounts at the agency.
A relevant undergraduate degree such as Communications, Marketing/PR, Journalism or English is required. 1-2 years of professional experience working at a PR agency, press office or fast-paced media environment is required.
Skills & Abilities Required:
Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences. Has experience or knowledge of influencer marketing and social media. Must be self-motivated, collaborative and results driven. Strong writer and stickler for quality control/proofing as well as solid and growing presentation skills. Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment. Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details. Strong writing (AP style), editing, listening and verbal communications skills. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing and organizing. Proficiency in Office applications and development of media databases. Must have own transportation and laptop.
The day-to-day Responsibilities:
· Daily account support for AE and SAD across all client accounts providing a solid understanding of relevant goals.
· Draft press releases, media pitches, case studies, recaps, media briefing documents, talking points, bios, etc.
· Pitch national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online
· Research and manage client master media lists.
· Create monthly and quarterly coverage clip reports for clients.
· Have a strong understanding of Cision, TrendKite and other agency tools
· Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients.
· Attend client events, in-person meetings/presentations.
· Brainstorm creative ideas for PR campaigns and annual planning meetings.
· Assist with new business proposals.
· Manage agency media lists.
• Medical packages plus flexible hours with work from home Fridays
• Competitive compensation package
• Paid sick leave and vacation days
• Complimentary breakfast daily