SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Ballantines PR is a bi-coastal luxury and lifestyle public relations agency based in Los Angeles with an office New York City. Clients range across the hospitality, entertainment, design, health & wellness and events sectors.
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive (AE) in LA with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience to support travel & hospitality clients. The SAE will be responsible for assisting in managing all aspects of account work within their dedicated practice as well as performing administrative assignments as needed for the benefit of clients and the firm. The SAE plays a critical role within BPR by managing Junior Account Executives and interns, ensuring high quality and accurate work is completed on time. The SAE reports to Account Directors and Senior Account Directors. Accounts will primarily be within travel/hospitality, but also may cross other practices based on staffing needs.
A relevant undergraduate degree such as Communications, Marketing/PR, Journalism or English is required. 3-5 years of professional experience working at a PR agency, press office or fast-paced media environment is required.
Skills & Abilities Required: Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences. Has experience or knowledge of influencer marketing and social media. Must be self-motivated, collaborative and results driven. Strong writer and stickler for quality control/proofing as well as solid and growing presentation skills. Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment. Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details. Strong writing (AP style), editing, listening and verbal communications skills. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing and organizing. Proficiency in Office applications and development of media databases. Must have own transportation and laptop.
The day-to-day Responsibilities
· Draft press releases, media pitches, case studies, recaps, media briefing documents, talking points, bios, etc.
· Work with Senior Account Director to develop and implement program strategies and assist in the writing of creative and strategic public relations plans.
· Pitch press releases and feature ideas to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering their clients’ stories.
· Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists.
· Coordinate site visits at hotels and/or press trips and attend with media — domestic and international, as needed.
· Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists.
· Prepare talking points and media briefings for client interviews and meetings as needed.
· Develop strong relationships with key media.
· Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients.
· Attend client events, in-person meetings/presentations and industry conferences.
· Brainstorm creative ideas for PR campaigns and annual planning meetings.
· Assist with new business proposals and presentations.
· Prepare client meeting agendas and updates.
· Oversee and/or assist with monthly and quarterly client reports.
· Manage media lists.
• Medical packages plus flexible office hours with work from home Fridays
• Competitive compensation package
• Paid sick leave and vacation days
• Complimentary daily breakfast